Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week 23 : Happy Mother's Day ( I dont care what you say I'm a Mother!)

Waist Measurements: 39.5" at the belly button ( what going on that 1 1/2 Inches in one week!!)

Weigh in: 132lbs according to my home scale.

Pregnancy Symptoms this Week:
  • Very Hormonal
  • Very Emotional
  • Forgetfulness
  • Insatiable Hunger
Pregnancy first this week: We signed up for the Bradley Method Classes, I'm so excited! I'm also starting to listen to my hypnobabies CD's.

My Pregnancy Brain: I'm really getting tired of all the negativity, why do people feel the need to tell you the horror stories about there deliveries. Don't they realize that it would be much more helpful to hear good things and positive thoughts???? Thats my rant for the week.

Pregnancy Prep: We made our first Purchases! Check them out!

Dr Visits: None this week.

Belly Shot:
What the baby looks like this week: Is a tad bigger than last week! The pancreas is kicking into gear sometime around this week, and blood vessels continue to develop in the lungs. Lung development is a Big Thing right now, since babies born around 24 weeks gestation can often survive outside the womb. Her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance.

Length of Pregnancy Likelihood of Survival
23 weeks 17%
24 weeks 39%
25 weeks 50%
26 weeks 80%
27 weeks 90%
28-31 weeks 90-95%
32-33 weeks 95%
34+ weeks Almost as likely as a full-term baby
Sources: March of Dimes, Quint Boenker Preemie Survival Foundation

No comments: