Sunday, May 17, 2009

24 Weeks! Growth Spurt!

Waist Measurements: 39.5" at the belly button, No change this week, maybe that's why I gained so much the past couple of weeks she had a growth spurt!

Weigh in: 138lbs according to the dr. (sheeh that's 12lbs in one month!)

Pregnancy Symptoms this Week:
  • Very Hormonal
  • Left hip pain
  • Forgetfulness
  • Insatiable Hunger
Pregnancy first this week: Big Weight gain this month. The good thing is my Dr. was not worried at all, she was actually happy that I finally gained weight. I just thought it was a little much for one month but she said it was normal to have one month with a big weight gain.

My Pregnancy Brain: I've been wanting to make all kinds of stuff for the baby, hopefully I can get down to the fabric store soon so I can start on all 10,000 projects :) Oh yeah its also so amazing to finally be feeling her everyday! it's the coolest feeling in the world!

Pregnancy Prep: I made something this week :) Isn't it the cutest thing in the world :) (not bad for my first project..eh)
Dr Visits: Yep had one on Thursday, nothing too exciting just the usually, weight, BP, pee in a cup, check uterus hight, and baby's heart beat. although she did metion that this is my last monthly appointment starting with the next one she gets to see me every two weeks.

Belly Shot:
An attempt at a self portrait
Naked Belly!
(Excuse the mess we are still unpacking)

What the baby looks like this week: Is just about a foot long now. Is still very skinny looking, with translucent skin, but this will all start changing soon. Is officially at the edge of viability, and most hospitals would automatically attempt every possible life-saving option if your baby were to be born now. Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant.

No comments: