Friday, November 27, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
This is what we woke up to...black tarry poop (its supposed to be yellow). I just about died of a heart attack! I yelled for Paul to wake up. Katelyn didn't seem in pain or uncomfortable but we decided to call the Dr. anyway. At first they told us we had to rush her to Long Beach Memorial because this only happened when due to intestinal bleeding...Holy Crap....What! Before hanging up we happen to mention than my nipples had been bleeding recently, as soon as we mentioned that she immediately said Katelyn was fine. She was then more concerned with me. I kept asking is she ok? was she harmed by ingesting some of my blood? Luckily she reassured me that she was ok and gave me instruction on how to heal my nipples so it wouldn't happen again.
This moment has defined what the rest of our lives will be as parents, one worry after another!!
Monday, November 9, 2009
We are really regretting vaccinating Katelyn... we should have trusted our gut. All our research pointed against doing it. The Chemicals they put into making them are ridiculous not to mention how they make them...ie fetal cow blood, monkey liver cells...I feel guilty putting that crap into my baby's body. we've definitely got more research and praying to do. so far the pros do not out weigh the cons.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Weight: 12lbs 8oz 88th percentile
Length:23in 74th percentile
Head circumference: 15 3/4in 80th percentile
Dr. said she is the weight and length of a 4 month old. That is so amazing to hear, its very reassuring and makes it easier to continue breastfeeding!
- Language. Baby Katelyn has been chattering up a storm with her baby babble, we love to sit and have baby talk conversations with her.
- Motor Skills. She is starting to grab at things and she was also able to hold on to a toy. She is also starting to bring stuff to her mouth
- Focus. She loves her mobile she laughs and smiles as soon as we turn it on for her. She also loves the ceiling fan and lights. But most of all she loves to look at our faces.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- She is starting to recognize voices and responds with smiles.
- She now has short periods of time when she is quiet and alert. I usually try to talk to her, sing to her which makes her smile and coo.
- She is also starting to enjoy toys.